Re: stop abusing debconf already

>Um, no.  *Policy* says that it may not be used as a registry.

[SNIPPED LONG DIATRIBE THAT DOES NOT PROVE THE ABOVE STATEMENT]

Sure, you delete the registry things should still work. Did I say anything
different? You are making a long tenuous link to prove your point which I
don't subscribe to. Unless we have a formal definition of 'registry' in
policy as well we can argue this forever as to what is the right way to view
it. Perhaps not taking a Windows centric view would help?

>I'm not sure why you think Joey's expertise doesn't qualify him to make
>pronouncements about the use of debconf.  Unlike you, he at least gets
>the answer right.

Well I don't agree on the right answer bit and I never said he wasn't right
(in some people views). All I said was he answer was not the gospel on this
issue.

Matt.