Re: plagiarism of reiserfs by Debian

On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 08:07:03PM +0400, Hans Reiser wrote:

> Please explain your reasons for removing the credits and attributions
> from the reiserfs utilities in violation of our copyright.

It appears that, in all likelihood, the credits were inadvertently omitted,
and not intentionally removed.  In the reiserfsprogs distribution, there is a
file COPYING which contains as the software license a verbatim copy of the
GPL, while these credits are in a separate README.  I am confident that if
you contact the maintainer of the package (Ed Boraas <ed@debian.org>,
reiserfsprogs@packages.debian.org, or via the bug tracking system), he will
gladly observe your wishes and include this file with the documentation.

--
 - mdz