Re: plagiarism of reiserfs by Debian

Marcel Weber wrote:
Hans, I hope that the removal of these credits was a mistake and that they're going to be included in future releases of testing. ReiserFS is a really fine piece of software and anyone who helped with it's development should have the right to be credited if he or she wants so.

Perhaps someone should file a bug against this.

Regards

Marcel

You mean a bug report like <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=152547>? Oh, wait... What if someone wanted to write a gtk frontend to mkreiserfs? The credit would be similarly removed from the user's sight. It would probably me right to put the message in the about window of this hypothetical program, but it wouldn't have the same visiblity as the credit now has since users rarely look at the about window. Ultimately, all that was removed was *code* that gets compiled. If the maintainer cannot arbitrarily change any code he wants, then it is not clear that the program is DFSG-free.