Re: stop abusing debconf already

On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 12:36:04PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Andre Luis Lopes wrote:
> > Could you (or someone else) give me a hint on where one could find
> > Joey's talk ? I've already tried googling for it and looking at [1] but
> > couldn't find it.
>
> Hmm, I don't have it online that I know of, it was mostly extemporaneous
> anyway. (Here, I've linked the slides online at
> http://kitenet.net/~joey/debconf-debconf)

Hmm, future plans really seems to be quite interesting. Is there a
mailing list dedicated to discussing debconf ideas and implementation I
could subscribe to ?

I saw that there's a link to an ancient "Config" mailing list at
kitenet, but it seems not to be active anymore since all that I can see
from its recent archives are lots of spam.

Better integration with dpkg, a SQL backend, debconf-2.0 and almost
everything which was said in future plans seems to be too much
interesting for us to be out of the fun :-)

Maybe a debian-debconf mailing list could be created in order to host
future debconf discussions ?

--
||  André Luís Lopes                   andrelop@ig.com.br               ||