Re: bad postinst in kernel-images

To debian-devel: Because it is a long time, we have been discussing this
bug here, and the thread is broken, I remark, we are talking about
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/debian-devel-200302/msg00349.html.
Please, let's return to the problem and let's try to solve it.

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 11:45:54AM +1000, Keith Owens wrote:

> When using a recent binutils, you need modutils >= 2.4.17.  The
> binutils team changed the output of the 'nm' command which changed the
> contents of System.map.

Well, it looks like a dependency problem in Debian. What do you exactly
mean with "recent binutils"? This problem appears on Woody, that means
with binutils 2.12.90.0.1-4 and modutils 2.4.15-1.

Regards,

Marcel Kolaja
Debian GNU/Linux Power User                         http://www.debian.org/
"I could be wrong, of course. But I'm never wrong."
       -- Linus Torvalds