Re: stop the "manage with debconf" madness

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 10:28:57AM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> If the package maintainers are correctly using the debconf priorities,
> and the admin has chosen a debconf priority that accurately reflects
> their preferences, why do you care?  By definition, any prompts at
> priority medium or lower have reasonable defaults, so unless they're
> shown to the admin *at his choice*, and the admin actively *chooses* a
> non-default value, the configuration file won't be changed anyway.

One major problem is that I can't trust you arseholes (you know who
you are) to set sensible priorities and defaults.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ | Dept. of Computing,
 `. `'                          | Imperial College,
   `-             -><-          | London, UK