Re: [desktop] Draft proposal for a new debian menu system

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 11:10, Bernhard R. Link wrote:

> So instead of using a system that works and can do what we need
> (with the exception of generating KDE-menus, though I do not see
>  the fault in our system here),

The current menu system doesn't support i18n for one thing.

Anyways, there was a dicussion of the current menu system versus the
freedesktop.org one a while back, and the general consensus was
definitely to go with the freedesktop.org one.  Unless you have a new
compelling reason not to switch, I think that's the plan.