Freeze Please?

Been quite a while since the last major release.
Many major components of the system have been substantially upgraded.
Testing is working quite well, both the dist and the process.
Everyone is back from winter vacation and settled in.
Shouldn't we be starting to freeze?

As I recall there's going to be a long staggered freeze process this
time, so application-level packages will continue being updated long
after the freeze starts.

(Okay, I know libc6 is in trouble with no light at the end of the
tunnel.  Is it worth holding up the release?  Release Manger, raise
our spirits!)