Re: Update on alioth

Previously Joerg Wendland wrote:
> When debugging an application of mine using OpenLDAP I found out, that
> each single ACL makes not queries but return of results significantly
> slower. Maybe you want to try to tune these...

ACL can make LDAP horribly slow, but we already have a pretty minimal
set. I did change the libnss-ldap configuration a bit yesterday which
seems to have helped a lot. Just doesn't try to benchmark using commands
like id: they grab the complete list of accounts and groups which will
be slow, as well as incomplete since there is a limit on the number of

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <wichert@wiggy.net>           http://www.wiggy.net/
A random hacker