Hardware Compatibility List for Woody (exist)?

Dear Debian Devs,

Is there any kind of Hardware Compatibility List for Debian(Woody)?

I know there is the Hardware-Howto but this document is (too) old.

How can I collect an up-to-date Hardware Compatibility List by inspecting (which) Kernel-Code(-Parts)? (How are the SuSE people for example do this-they have a very big HCL but I don't know if Debian can use the same HCL-?)
If someone can answer this question I will start working on this so there will some up-to-date HCL for Woody.

Thank you for reading my posting

Thanks for all who will answer my questions

Your
debian_noob
UNICEF bittet um Spenden fur die Kinder im Irak! Hier online an
UNICEF spenden: https://spenden.web.de/unicef/special/?mc=021101