Re: testing/excuses - why not geda?

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 12:56:57AM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 03:10:23PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> > Are all the Conflicts: in libgeda18 strictly necessary? They make normal
> > upgrading as well as migration into testing more painful, and the
> > various libgeda* packages don't seem to share any files.
>
> Hmm, I suppose not. Actually, in this case having the SONAME in the
> package name is having no benefit and is quite a nuisance, so I might
> ditch it soon.

???

If you saying that the conflicts isn't required (the way I read your
EMail at least), then the SONAME is required in the package
name so you can install both packages at the same time.

Otherwise, if both have the same name, your essientially saying that
they conflict, and only one can be installed at a time.

Or did I miss something here?
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>