Re: ifupdown writes to /etc... a bug?

John Hasler said on Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 05:36:32PM -0500:
> Mark Ferlatte writes:
> > I thought that the standard stub resolver could be configured to use it
> > instead of requiring everything to be built against a special resolver
> > library.
>
> What lead you think to that?  It would be great if it's true.

Does the libnss-lwres package help here?

<http://packages.debian.org/unstable/net/libnss-lwres.html>

It looks like it would allow for any Debian package to query the lwres instead
of using the standard stub resolver.

So, it's not using the standard stub resolver, but from the packages point of
view it won't matter; it's all hidden behind the name service switch.

ppp, dhclient, etc could then just poke at lwres, and programs wouldn't have to
be restarted to get the new nameservers.