Re: [cyrille@chepelov.org: Re: valgrind status]

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 12:15:06PM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:

[explicitly cc'ing Cyrille because I'm not sure if he's reading; shout
at me if I shouldn't have done]

> From: Cyrille Chepelov <cyrille@chepelov.org>
>
> Le Wed, Apr 02, 2003, ? 01:03:17AM +0200, Marco d'Itri a ?crit:
> > Is the current maintainer MIA?
>
> I am MIA indeed.
>
> I also have been unable to send any mail to any of the Debian lists,
> for at least since last summer; I called for help a couple of times,
> but the problem has never been diagnosed, let alone be solved.

This problem sounded familiar, so I looked through my mail archives. At
least one iteration of the problem *has* been diagnosed:

  Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 16:45:35 +0100
  From: Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org>
  To: Cyrille Chepelov <cyrille@chepelov.org>
  Cc: listmaster@lists.debian.org
  Subject: Re: memory debugging and C++ (program keeps crashing)

  On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 05:37:39PM +0200, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
  > Le Tue, Oct 08, 2002, ? 10:29:15AM -0500, Colin Watson a ?crit:
  > > On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 08:49:47AM +0200, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
  > > > (I'm CC'ing upstream. Also, I'm not sure my messages go through
  > > > the -devel lists, it seems they're blocked. Signing to see if that
  > > > makes spamassassin happy)
  > >
  > > For what it's worth, here is the log header from the debian-spam
  > > archive:
  >
  > [snip]
  >
  > thanks a _lot_. I was more or less suspecting this, at one point, but this
  > is the evidence I lacked.
  >
  > What filter, beyond spamassassin, is running on l.d.o?

  I believe there are some custom filters, but I'm not a listmaster myself
  so I don't know the details. I was just bored and decided to see what
  was ending up in debian-spam. :-)

  > > There seems to be a nasty incompatibility here with IPv6 Received: lines
  > > like yours:

  > > You should probably contact listmaster about this, if you haven't
  > > already.
  >
  > Unfortunately, listmaster doesn't seem to reply (who is behind this alias?
  > No, where do I look where this alias is defined? master.d.o ? murphy.d.o ?)

  http://www.debian.org/intro/organization, I guess. I understand the
  listmaster mailbox is nightmarishly full.

  > I'm a little afraid my inquiry mail was sent to /dev/null (or was it
  > debian-spam?) by the filter. Would you mind forwarding this to listmaster?

  Done. Summary for listmaster - the following check appears to
  erroneously block mails IPv6 Received: headers like the above:

    cyberpromo's tricks "[2001"

> In the mean-time, please take over this package or coordinate the take-over
> by another volunteer -- it's awkward for me, because I have only read-only
> list access. And because of the time, awkward translates to "next to
> impossible".

If the above problem is still the one causing problems, would arranging
that mail is only ever sent entirely over IPv4 suffice for now?

Cheers,