Checking init.d script for policy compliance.

Hello developers,

I have found that a lot of init.d scripts fails to implement policy
properly.

Problems include: console message, corner case handling (stopping already
stopped service, restarting running service), etc...

I would be grateful if someone qualified could look at them and report
bugs as needed.

I am too busy with menu currently to do that, unfortunately.

Debian could benefit from a team dedicated to find and report bugs on a
systematic fashion, supplementing lintian/linda automatic checking.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>
(Please CC me)