Re: Packages with NEWS.gz and no changelog.gz

Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis <luca@debian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 04:33:35PM +0200, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
>> Personally I think that the problem is sufficiently minor that I
>> wouldn't bother.  (Anyway, we do have a large number of RC bugs...)

> I agree that this is not a big problem, but if we have a policy we
> must follow what we agreed on. IMHO he should file a mass bug
> report. Despite the fact that it's an RC bug,[...]

Hello,
Afaict these bugs are not severity serious, shipping the upstream
changelog in usd/changelog.gz is not a »"must" or "required"
directive« in policy. They are wishlist or minor.

I read Ulrichs statement as a hint that we have more important
things to do, because we have a big number of RC bugs to fix.

Anyway imho it were ok to file the bugs if one checked for each
package if NEWS.gz indeed contained a upstream changelog *before*
filing the bug.
               cu andreas
--
Hey, da ist ein Ballonautomat auf der Toilette!
Unofficial _Debian-packages_ of latest unstable _tin_