Re: starttls?

Peter Palfrader wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Itai Zukerman wrote:
>>Before I write a formal ITP, has anyone packaged the starttls
>>*executable*?
>>  ftp://ftp.opaopa.org/pub/elisp/
>

> What can this do what openssl s_client and/or stunnel cannot?
> (also I think the binary and package shouldn't be called "starttls" if
> possible)
Well if it did monitor the protocol to add support for a "STARTTLS" command for
daemons or clients that don't have that natively, that would be cool and the
name'd be justified, but AFAICT it doesn't.

Also, after 30 seconds of investigation it seems that the OpenSSL-GPL licensing
concern applies. You'd probably want to see about sorting that out before doing
a whole lot of work on it.

Cheers

T.