Re: [desktop] Installation of mail server by default

On Fri, 2003-03-28 at 03:37, Andreas Metzler wrote:

> I kind of doubt that it is feasible writing an init-script that works
> for all MTAs. Take a look at the init-scripts for sendmail and exim4.

You don't have to. Try (given alternatives were implemented, of course):

  # untested code to check if we're the current mailer.
  CURRENT_MAILER="`update-alternatives --list sendmail`"
  if [ "$CURRENT_MAILER" != "$DAEMON"]; then
    exit 0 # we're not the chosen mailer.
  fi

HTH.