Re: Aptitude, ARs

Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> I don't know if there is any theory about this. Say you notice that several
> hundred packages happen to mention the word "gnome", that would indicate a
> Gnome category may be useful.
Oh, just install the packages from the categories "the", "package", and
"library", and you'll have all you need.

> Just an idea mind you.
Seriously: The advantage of automatic is the amount of stuff that can be
processed. It does nothing to have consistency. I.E. "aleon is my cool
webbrowser, just like galeon but without the annoying gnome stuff" would be in
the category gnome.
As we have slightly less packages than the internet pages, debian should stick
with some (if at all possible distributed) manual process.

Cheers

T.