Re: List of virtual package names outdated?

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 11:15:01PM +0100, Matijs van Zuijlen wrote:
> I am trying to fix the most important bugs in the utah-glx packages, and
> wanted to confirm the meaning of the libgl1 and libgl-dev virtual
> packages, as stated in #148718. The only list of virtual packages I
> could find (and the one the policy manual links to), is
> http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/virtual-package-names-list.txt,
> but libgl1 and libgl-dev are not in them, and it seems to date from
> 2001. Is there a more recent list, and where can I find it?

Actually that's the latest version, it's just the date at the top that's not
been updated. You'll notice a September 2002 change at the bottom. (Fixed in
CVS.)

In any event, some virtual packages are used without being on the list.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.