Re: SDL c102 transition

On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 23:42, Martin Godisch wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 19:27:56 +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
>
> > > If nobody is working on sdl, I may NMU it so that I can perform the c102
> > > transition for libsmpeg.
> >
> > Does SDL need a transition for the C++ ABI ? AFAIK it is pure C code and
> > shouldn't need it.
>
> What about libsdl-mixer1.2?

I was about to ask some advice about it. SDL_mixer doesn't contain any
C++ code, but it links to smpeg which is C++. For a reason I don't
understand, libtool adds an explicit -lstdc++ at link time, and I don't
see why it would be necessary. The case is similar to that of GLU, as
SDL_mixer only uses C exports of smpeg functions, and is pure C.
What I don't know is what happens when a C++ program uses SDL_mixer -
but it shouldn't be a problem, as there are no C++ symbols involved.
So there are three possibilities :
1) Let everything as is and hope it works,
2) make a c102 transition for SDL_mixer,
3) do the necessary so that SDL_mixer doesn't link unnecessary with
libsdtc++ anymore (is that a libtool bug ?).
Comments welcome.