Re: debconf template translation

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 05:35:24PM +0100, Pierre Machard wrote:
> Why not having translation coordinators who will manage packages
> translations ? Since we already have coordinators for the translation
> of the website.

	Agreed. That's the way it should be. Matter of fact, it's the way
it's being handled in the DDP manpages area (check the CVS, manpages
translated for Debian software in several languages there). It might be
slow and it might not be as peer 2 peer as the DDTP is. However, there is a
review done for ever single manpage and it's done by the whole i18n group
(at least we do it in the spanish translation team)

	This not only ensures accurate translations, but consistency
between manpages of different programs (but which have related features or
concepts).

	IMHO that's the way to go, probably some automation is needed yet
to streamline the process, but eventually it will get there.

	Javi