Re: debconf template translation

On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 12:04:17PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> > > Notice that buildd maintainers are doing almost that for
> > > fail-to-build-from-source bugs, so it is not entirely
> > > impossible.
> >
> > No, but I suspect that the number of package that do not build when
> > uploaded is far less than the number of packages that miss some
> > translations.
>
> I think that the number of packages which have debconf
> questions is far less than the number of packages which fail to
> build.

And this packages don't have man pages, README files, other files with
english texts?

I will repeat it: We will translate more stuff in future!

My dream is to translating _any_ text from all debian packages in any
languages. The package descriptios and the debconf are only the first
two parts.

btw: we have already packages like manpages-XX. Why are this
     translations not in the packages from ls, lilo etc?
     What is the difference with debconf?

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
"Like sex in high school, everyone's talking about Linux, but is anyone