Re: glibc bugs

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 09:18:37PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > > Since I woundered why glibc doesn't move to testing I've looked at the
> > > bugs if I could help. But than I woundered even more that these
> > > licensing differences can't be solved within 85 days. Can these 2
> > > serious bugs somehow fixed, downgraded or closed?
> >
> > They are de facto downgraded by their set of tags. The real problem with
> > glibc are other things, like those listed at the update_excuses page
> > (excerpt available from glibc PTS web page).
>
> Said excerpt lists two excuses:

Uh, no, I see:

     Testing Status
     * Too young, only 1 of 10 days old
     * taking my time about glibc
     * locales/m68k unsatisfiable Depends: glibc-2.3.1-14
     * out of date on m68k: libc6, libc6-dbg, libc6-dev, libc6-pic, libc6-prof, nscd (from 2.3.1-13)
     * glibc (source) is buggy! (2 > 0)
     * Not considered

> So it would seem that these bugs are not being disregarded (even if they
> are not the only barrier).

Yeah, there was talk about how the bug counting code isn't too correct, but
I'm sure aj would force glibc in if those were the only two things left.

Also note that this is just from update_excuses; update_output might list
even more problems (I didn't check).

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.