Re: The irc and irssi alternatives.

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 09:10:02PM +0200, Birzan George Cristian wrote:
> Getting back to the irc alternative, does that mean that all IRC clients
> should be registering as an alternative there? Or that only epic(3),
> epic4 and ircii should? (I'd go with the former, myself, but mass-filing
> without asking first is a Bad Thing [2])

i think it would be a good idea for irc clients to register in the
alternatives system. though, if others disagree, maybe epic and ircii
shouldnt register the alternative.

anyways, since there are only about a half-dozen irc programs, i don
think you would be mass-filing if you made a wishlist bug asking for a
package to support the irc alternative.

--
gram