Re: Installation = Velvet Rope

Josh,

> Installation is the Velvet Rope, keeping out the hopelessly clueless.

Debian is the Jedi operating system: "Always two there are, a master and
an apprentice".

Seriously, I believe it is possible to create an operating system with
as much abstraction as is required. You are right in one point: The rest
of Debian is also lacking support for clueless users, and before we work
on the installation, we should make sure that once the system is
installed, people aren't left in the rain. But actually that would be
the duty of the package maintainers[1].

   Simon

[1] perhaps the AM should leave the testing of the package an applicant
submits to someone without computer knowledge.

--
GPG Fingerprint: 040E B5F7 84F1 4FBC CEAD  ADC6 18A0 CC8D 5706 A4B4