Re: cdfs-src postinst build

#include <hallo.h>
* Greg Ingram [Wed, Feb 26 2003, 10:59:26AM]:

> Are there guidelines for what's acceptable when installing a source
> package?  I installed cdfs-src and after getting the module compiled and
> installed I wondered why couldn't, perhaps optionally, be done by the
> package system.
>
> Would such an update to this postinst script be accetable?

Feasible, but complicated to make it error-proof. Too many variables, no
good way to do this during the installation phase, etc.

What we need is a rewrite of kernel-package, including a centralized
system for building of modules. See

http://debian.linuxwiki.de/DebianKernel_2fPlan
https://raptor.debian.org/svn/debian-kernel/Specs/

What we need is just manpower and motivation.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Freie Bahn mit Marzipan.