Re: Future of Debian uncertain?

I don't worry about Debian.  As long as people want to work on
it, you won't see it disappearing.

As for my local community, I have seen a big surge in Debian
interest with the financial problems at Mandrake.  We just did an
install-fest on Saturday, nearly all of which were Debian.  Until
recently, almost all of the interest would have been
Mandrake/RedHat.

It seems people didn't trust Mandrake to be supported, and they
were turned off by what RedHat has done to the windowing
environment recently.  (Not that they didn't think RH had the
right, it just didn't match their personal taste).

So Debian is looking better than ever around here.

--
Don Bindner <dbindner@truman.edu>