Re: Missing or incorrect section in packages

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Joey Hess wrote:

> Policy is actually fairly clear about it in secrion 2.1.7:
>
>      The section and subsection for each package should be specified in
>      the package's `Section' control record. However, the maintainer of
>      the Debian archive may override this selection to ensure the
>      consistency of the Debian distribution.

For what I have seen (read the bug i posted before) the maintainer has a
compliant pkg that specify Sectiona and Priority in the source but it gets
ignored. probably i should raise the severity of my bug.. do you think is
a good idea?

Fabio

--
drac (1.11-7) unstable; urgency=low
  * added IPv6 patch from the great IPv6 Team

 -- Noel Koethe <noel@debian.org>  Sun,  9 Feb 2003 19:33:00 +0100