Re: Proposal for removal of outdated/orphaned UPS daemon packages

On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 10:57:16PM +0100, Arnaud Quette wrote:
> Package: bpowerd (O: #176326)
> Version: 2.2-1.1
>
> Package: upsd (O: #86242)
> Version: 2.5-3
>
> Hi,

Hi Arnaud,

> some old fashioned power daemons for UPSs are still in database.
> I'm talking about bpowerd and upsd which are not maintained
> (no upstream source available), and orphaned (some bugs are 4
> years old !).

at least for upsd the "no upstream source available" is wrong, the
upstream address in debian/copyright is still valid and although
upstream isn't very active the latest upstream release (not yet in
Debian) was released in June 2002. Although other programs might provide
more features I don't see a good reason for removing upsd.

> Arnaud Quette

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.