Re: Doom of Debian Re: Debian Weekly News - February 18th, 2003

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 03:52:42PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 04:31:35PM +0100, Davide Inglima wrote:
> > Ok, an explosion in this sense, in this kind of abuse of people
> > goodwill to trust the other, has yet to happen. This is just an
> > example, and I didn't really wanted to talk about it. What I would
> > have liked to underline is this: it's true: Debian has to do
> > peer-review of the code that distributes. But my question is: wouldn't
> > this bring too much strain to the distribution?
>
> What's the point of discussing whether it will or won't? We can only do
> our best and see what happens. I'm certainly not going to give up
> because somebody starts a thread with a scary subject line.
[snip]

And if any "enthusiast" does give up just because of that, or just because
of a few lines of unscrupulous code in micq, then I question just how
enthusiastic they are.

If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves
upon execution. -- Robert Sewell