Re: Proposal for removal of mICQ package

Rico -mc- Gloeckner wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 07:54:11PM +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> > > I'm with you 100%.  Drop the package.  It's a trust issue (and a bad one
> > > at that).
> >
> > If such things happen, how can you trust the Debian Project to
> > deliever uncompromised software?
>
> And one further question. If the software was considered *that* harmful,
> why was this version not removed from the pool immediately and been
> replaced by a cleaned up version, by an older clean version or removed
> at all?
>
> How can i as user trust the Debian Project if it tells the Upstream
> guilty but does not solve the issue in its own Package-Pool?

Please ask that question again, after the "Debian Project" has officially
stated its opinion.  Until that, you'll have to consider each opinion as
the one from that person personally, or from the job he maintains.  I
don't remember the project leader or the press team stating the opinion
of the "Debian Project".

Regards,

	Joey

--
Life is too short to run proprietary software.  -- Bdale Garbee