Re: is an documented not working option a bug? (#181280)

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 05:50:40PM +0100, No?l K?the wrote:
> I reported a bug because this doesn't work and got the respond that this
> doesn't work with linux. Thats OK and I asked to remove the option from
> the manpage or a small note that this doesn't work.
> The bug just got closed with wontfix.:(

IMHO, this bug should be handled differently: there is no need to remove that
portion of man page. Debian is going to be ported to other kernels, and
that option is likely to work elsewhere.
Indeed it does not work on Linux, so it might be worthy to add this
information on the man page, rather then removing the information about that
option.

ciao,
--
Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis              | Elegant or ugly code as well
aliases: Luca ^De [A-Z][-A-Za-z]*[iy]'?s$   | as fine or rude sentences have