Re: [desktop] AA problems on some websites with mozilla-xft and galeon

Le dim 16/02/2003 à 18:30, Pasi Kärkkäinen a écrit :
> Hello!
>
> I'm using unstable, and AA fonts are working in mozilla-xft.
>
> But then, some sites are not antialiased.. here's a screenshot to show what
> I mean:
>
> http://nrg.joroinen.fi/screenshot-xineweb.png
>
> http://www.sun.com also is not antialised..
>
> I have installed msttcorefonts. I am using fi_FI locale.
>
> What could cause that ?

Blame the lame webmasters. They require some specific fonts (arial,
helvetica, times) instead of just asking for serif or sans-serif.
Mozilla knows about e.g. helvetica but only has bitmapped versions of
it.

You can add this to your /etc/fonts/fonts.conf or ~/.fonts.conf to work
around that :
        <match target="pattern">
                <test qual="any" name="family">
                        <string>helvetica</string>