Re: mICQ roundup

On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 05:42:06PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> That's bullshit, you know. You deliberately obfuscated the check for the
> Debian and for the maintainer's name. The code to print the message is
> hidden in some undecipherable code. The same code could easily exec 'rm
> -f $HOME' for all we can tell with a casual look at the source code.

Uh, have you taken a casual look at the source code? It calls a "print"
function on some strings -- the only way it could exec 'rm -f $HOME'
is if it's somehow buffer overruning that print function, or something
similar. The only thing you can't tell from a casual glance at the source
code is *what* it's printing.

Obviously, if you don't bother looking at the source code *at all*,
it's another matter.

Cheers,
aj

  ``Dear Anthony Towns: [...] Congratulations --
        you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer!''