Re: buildd questions

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 09:55:04PM -0600, Graham Wilson wrote:
> however, there is patch in my package that changes the dtd from the
> network uris to local uris so that the network is not accessed during
> build time. these patches are applied correctly on architectures besides
> m68k|s390:
>
> these patches are not being applied by the m68k|s390 buildd's though.
> does anybody have a clue as to why?

Sorry, I can't seem to help here.

However, I am guessing the bug is when m68k produces no output here:

for patch in `run-parts --list debian/patches`; do \
        cat $patch | patch -p1; \
done

but on another platform it produces all this output:

for patch in `run-parts --list debian/patches`; do \
        cat $patch | patch -p1; \
done
patching file ChangeLog
patching file xmlto.in
patching file xsl/db2man/custom.xsl
patching file xmlto.in
patching file xmlto.in
patching file doc/xmlif.xml
patching file doc/xmlto.xml
patching file format/docbook/dvi
patching file format/docbook/fo
patching file format/docbook/html
[...]

????

If so, the most likely problem, IMHO, is that "run-parts --list" isn't
doing what you expect on these platforms. Or perhaps it is an old
buggy version or something.

According to <URL:http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi> you should have
public access to crest.debian.org, a m68k machine[1], if possible, try
compiling it there and see what happens...

[1] Seem very slow to login though.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>