Re: On the matter of Qt packaging

> On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 07:35:13PM -0700, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
>
> > Ok, let's try something here.  I'd like to take back Qt3.  I think with
> > Ralph's help we can get these packages fixed up in no time and present a
> > proper Qt (thats Qt2,Qt3,Qt/E2,Qt/E3) environment for Debian.  Ralph and I
> > (and anyone else who wishes to participate) will also need to come up with
> > a proper test process for testing out the packages prior to being
> > uploaded.
> >
> > So unless anyone has any objections to this I'm going to do just this.

I should clarify this a bit.  My statement above does not mean I have
"hijacked" Qt3.  It means I want to and am offering to.  The current
maintainer of the package is not a DD yet so I would assume(bad thing to
do) that his sponsor is ultimatly responsible for this decision.  Either that
or it goes to the Technical Committee.

I just wanted to clarify that so that nobody else get's the impression that
I'm just hijackig the package.  I had no intention of that...that was the
reason for the "unless anyone has any objections" comment.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II