Re: (re)compiling debian packages with ccc

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 11:11:31AM -0600, Bob McElrath wrote:
> Since everyone immediately gravitated to legal issues, I repost the
> technical piece.  ;)
>
> I have joined the libtool mailing list and will add ccc as a recognized
> compiler to libtool.  Are there other issues with
>     apt-get source ... dpkg-buildpackage
> that anyone knows of?  (aside from ccc failing to compile some files)

You'll find that a lot of Debian source packages set CFLAGS themselves,
and may use gcc-specific flags. It's not obvious whether it's a bug that
they don't honour a user-set CFLAGS: I can see arguments on both sides
(autobuild consistency versus user overrides). Since as far as I know we
don't have any policy on this, you may well find yourself having to
change some debian/rules files.