Re: game task proposal 1 (replace nethack with real one)

Oohara Yuuma wrote:
> To see that even debian-devel can sometimes reach a consensus,

The games task is not maintained by the consensus of debian-devel,
though thouse of us who do maintain it would certianly not mind such
consenses.

> I propose:
>
>   nethack in the game task should be replaced with real one.
>
> The package nethack is a dummy package for nethack-x11 transition,
> so it should not be in a task, or we have to keep it in the next release.
> I don't know whether nethack-x11 is best for the replacement.
> Considering there are already 2 gnome games in the task,
> nethack-gnome may be better.

Hmm. I find it hard to imagine that Ben intends to eventually drop the
nethack package from debian entirely. That would make apt-get install
nethack not work, probably not a good idea.

The only nethack I really want in the task is the character-based one.
At the moment nethack does the right thing there, more or less. I will
change it to nethack-x11 if Ben asks me to.

--
see shy jo