Re: Offer to help DD's who maintain games

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 10:10:50PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> H. S. Teoh wrote:
> > The thing is, there is often an EASY fix for these problems. So this is my
> > offer to help DD's who maintain such games fix these soundserver-related
> > problems in their packages. If you maintain a game that exhibits symptoms
> > like what I describe, please let me know and I'll take a look at them.
>
> xgalaga certianly has problems in this area, if you want to look into
> it.
[snip]

Confirmed. From a cursory glance, this appears to be the same code
inherited from koules (or vice versa), copied and modified. Gives a whole
new meaning to GPL being "viral". ;-) And it exhibits the same problem in
not checking the input pipe for EPIPE, so if you kill -9 xgal while the
soundserver is running, you'll probably see it consume 90% CPU (infinite
loop).

I suspect this might also be the (possibly indirect) cause of #149746 and
#60266.

Don't get stuck in a closet -- wear yourself out.