Re: Latest libfreetype borkage

> > Just upgraded to libfreetype6-2.1.3-8 and its looking good. However it
> > doesn't render true type fonts properly when they are bold. For instance
> > with arial it renders they glyphs wide with some messy artifacts
> > (especially on lowercase w/v) and completely screws the kerning.
> > Development is a nice word to show what its like.
>
> I probably should have mentioned that im using RGB sub pixel aliasing on my
> LCD display too. This is turned on both in the /etc/fonts/fonts.conf and in
> the kde control center (kde 3.1).

Most often those people who send random complaints
are LCD display users, OTOH CRT users seem mostly happy about it.

What kind of borkage you are talking about is beyond me
(it should really be trivial to get a screenshot and
put it up on a webpage somwhere for people to be able to
see what you are talking about)

regards,
	junichi