Re: Please don't non-bugs in changelog (again)

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 12:23:46AM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 05:01:14PM -0600, Adam Majer wrote:
> > I do not believe that we will get KDE 3 into sarge if the maintainer
> > of Qt is not willing to check that all of the examples provided
> > with Qt both compile and run out-of-the-box before the new Qt packages are
> > allowed to enter Sid. Is that too much to ask?
>
> Start fixing glibc bugs if you want to have *anything* in Sarge.
>
> This is unstable, you know? Why don't you give the maintainer two weeks
> or so to let the bugs settle down and *then* write your rant?

One thing is not being able to use one routine or two because
there is a bug. Another is not being able to do anything because
the maintainer didn't test "hello world" for a library of this size.
Things like Qt should not be rushed and do require _a_lot_ of time
to set up properly.

Unstable != experimental :)

This is not new - the packages b/f 12-20-2002 were broken. Now these
new ones are even more broken. We only got mostly working Qt
libraries for Christmas :)

- Adam