Re: Default menu entries are deprecated, 2nd call.

On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 07:11:07PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > ash
> > bash
> > csh
>
> I question whether menu entries for shells are a useful thing to have.  Does
> anyone actually use these?

People probably use the XShells, and indeed an x-terminal-emulator is a
prerequisite for the shells to be listed, but I can still see how someone
would want to have each shell listed, otherwise there's not much point to
the whole Shells subsection. While that subsection exists, each of those
should be in their own package, like e.g. zsh has its one.

Oh, and one correction for Bill -- ash should be renamed to dash.

> > gpm
>
> Same here...isn't gpm meant to run as a daemon?

See /usr/share/menu/default/gpm -- the menu entry calls gpmconfig, which is
(vaguely) useful.

> > hello
>
> I don't think anyone will miss this one.

Agreed! :)

> > lilo
>
> Likewise.

Like gpm, this one calls liloconfig.