Status of Heimdal and Amavis

Hello,

Last week I was away at Debconf, and had limited time to read my E-Mail,
let alone anything else.

Last Saturday network access was removed.

In the meantime I have had numerous questions and new bug reports
regarding both packages.

Today I got back home, and am now working through the backlog of
E-Mail... (Point to ponder: why does everything try to contact me on the
days I have no Internet access ;-) ).

In short:

heimdal - I have got 5.1.1 compiling against unstable, but it does not
detect krb4, because the libkrb (krb4) library cannot detect crypt, it
would appear that libkrb4 needs to be linked against libcrypt. I have
started discussing this issue with the appropriate maintainer.

amavis - lastest code is in experimental (amavisd-new), Henrique de
Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> uploaded it, but doesn't feel confident
yet with replacing the version in unstable. I haven't yet had a chance
to look at it :-(.

So please be patient, these are known issues, and I am working on them.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>