Re: libqt3, opengl

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 08:59:10AM -0800, Brian Nelson wrote:
> Martin Loschwitz <madkiss@madkiss.org> writes:
>
> > On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 04:49:31PM -0800, Brian Nelson wrote:
> >>
> >> It used to be, and it should be.  The current maintainer does a pretty
> >> shoddy job with the package.  Ever since Ivan E. Moore II orphaned it,
> >> it rarely works correctly for me.
> >>

> > So, why don't you come to me and tell me this straight?
>
> Err, well I've filed bugs (though often they're already filed), and I've
> pestered you to fix bugs.  Usually, I get frustrated and fix it myself
> locally.
>
> I just get the impression that you don't actually do any Qt
> development so you don't notice and don't really care about a lot of the
> bugs affecting Qt.  Sure, the debs might work fine for compiling KDE
> stuff, but that's not all Qt is used for.

No kidding. There were a bunch of very obvious bugs recetly like
not being able to load plugins (mysql3 et al). Those would be
very obvious to anyone that does anything with Qt and a database.

BTW: OpenGL module would require thread support in Qt so I don't
think it would be in libqt3. It should be in libqt3-mt.

Anyway, a maintainer for libqt3 and other comlicated libraries,
should have a bunch of test programs that he/she would check
to make sure everything was compiled and installed properly.

- Adam

PS. When will Qt get recompiled with gcc3.2?