Re: Pavlovich update

On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 12:59:28PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> I should add that the brief that DVD CCA filed does need to argue that
> they have good reason to think SCOTUS will grant review if asked; but
> at this point, they do not seem to have actually requested the writ of
> certiorari.

Is there a filing deadline for formally requesting a writ of certoriari?

Also, is there a timeline on how long the Court can take to grant or
deny cert?  If SCOTUS doesn't do anything about it by the end of its
term (in the late summer or early fall), does that count as an analogue
to a "pocket veto", effectively denying cert?

Or does SCOTUS always explicitly either grant or deny cert?

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      "There is no gravity in space."
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      "Then how could astronauts walk