Re: question regarding prelinking (was: (inc. note from dpkg developers) (was:Bug#XXXXXX: (far too many packages) needs rebuilt for prelinking))

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 09:56:45AM +1300, Nick Phillips wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 22, 2003, at 02:11  am, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
>
> >But RAM is cheap, so why would you be swapping?
>
> Not all our users run the latest hardware for which RAM is available,
> never mind cheap.

True; it's not surprising that the very latest software doesn't run as
well as it could then. There's still plenty of light-weight desktop
solutions available for older machines.

Hamish