Re: question regarding prelinking (was: (inc. note from dpkg developers) (was:Bug#XXXXXX: (far too many packages) needs rebuilt for prelinking))

On Sunday 19 Jan 2003 3:17 pm, Emile van Bergen wrote:
> Please correct me if I'm wrong here, because if I'm right, it would mean
> that using lots of interdependent shared libraries is not only slow, it
> also needs extra per-process private pages, which means wasting
> (potentially lots of) memory.

Ok, i had misunderstood what you had said. In this situation i dont actually
know what would happen. This _feels_ wrong, but i dont know enough about
linux memory paging and shared libraries to know for certain.

Tom