Re: question regarding prelinking (was: (inc. note from dpkg developers) (was: Bug#XXXXXX: (far too many packages) needs rebuilt for prelinking))

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 10:21:54AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> This is probably a stupid question, but:

Thanks for the explanations, folks.  Glad to know I guessed more-or-less
correctly.

Unfortunately(?), I cannot weigh in on the main dispute of this issue.
I am sympathetic to improved application startup times, but I am also
sympathetic to Adam Heath's feelings about dpkg-unpacked files (except
for conffiles, of course) remaining in pristine condition by default.

Not sure how to reconcile that conflict.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     There's nothing an agnostic can't
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     do if he doesn't know whether he