Re: Please! Fix your MUA! (was: Re: question regarding prelinking)

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 07:49:31PM -0500, Glenn Maynard wrote:

> I've seen many posts by Outlook users using correct threading headers
> (though broken in any number of other ways).  I don't know if it
> differs between versions.

Outlook has two major modes of operation called "corporate" and
"internet" which handle internet e-mail in very different fashions.
When run in internet mode Outlook pretty much acts as a standard
PC-style mail reader with a POP/IMAP client and a SMTP client.  It is
likely that this is the mode where it's getting the threading headers
right.  In corporate mode it talks to MAPI plugins, most usually ones
that talk to an Exchange server and the Exchange server doesn't jump
through the hoops required to get threading working (my understanding is
that the messaging model is different enough to make them quite serious
hoops but I could be wrong).