Re: Fibre Channel and Debian

Grant Grundler wrote:
> > Yes, I use QLA2200s with no problems.  I use the drivers written by Matt
> > Jacob, who also wrote the drivers for *BSD and Solaris.  The drivers are
> > available from www.feral.com.
>
> I haven't tried those.
> I'll see if I can try them this week.

Well, "this week" turned out to be a bit later than I thought.

I got all the peices in place and ran a storage stress test with
mjacob's driver on a 2.4.20 kernel on an HP ZX1 (ia64) box.
Immediately found two problems that I didn't see with the qla driver
from Qlogic:
o NetRAID 2M (LSI/AMI) controller isn't ignored.
o data write corruption.

I've given all the info (logs + sysconfig) to mjacob and he will look at it.
The problem is clearly a bug in the driver and he seemed to already
have a fix for it used by other OS flavors.
The second problem was news and could very likely be an issue
of running on ia64 (vs ia32). I have to take a quick look at the
driver and see if there are any obvious porting issues.

hth,
grant